Can an overly tan, combed-over, thrice divorced, casino-owning businessman whose companies have filed for bankruptcy four times, really be elected President of the United States?
Seriously, I'm not worried. According to Nate Silver's website fivethirtyeight.com, The Donald is mostly interested in keeping the attention on himself, almost at any cost. This is why he says the things he says, such as:
* "I will be the greatest jobs president that God ever created, I tell you that."
* “It’s freezing and snowing in New York. We need global warming!”
* “Sorry losers and haters, but my I.Q. is one of the highest—and you all know it! Please don’t feel so stupid or insecure. It’s not your fault.”
* “Black guys counting my money! I hate it. The only kind of people I want counting my money are short guys that wear yarmulkes every day."
* "While @BetteMidler is an extremely unattractive woman, I refuse to say that because I always insist on being politically correct." ( a tweet by the Donald)
And that's just a few I found in 5 minutes of searching! While there are going to be people who think these kinds of comments are funny or cute or somehow endearing, the vast majority of Americans, Republicans included, understand that you cannot spew this kind of mindless, self serving, uninformed bloviating when you're dealing with foreign governments, trying to avert wars, and working to make America respected again in the world. So, no, in my opinion, Donald Trump will NOT be President of the United States. In fact, he won't even get the nomination.
Cue the funny tshirts!