Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Gorgeous leather sofa $1,039.00
Friday, December 26, 2008
1. Make it personal. Begin with a personal sentiment such as "Dear Mary" or "Hi, Grandma!"
2. Express your thanks. Don't begin with "I'm just writing to say..." or "Just dropping you a note..." Jump right into the thanks, and make it specific and effusive. "Thank you so much for the sweater!" or "Thank you for your hospitality..." However, if the gift was cash, gift card or a check, don't mention dollar amounts! No "Thank you for the $200 check" or "Thank you for the $20 gift card." Merely say "Thank you for the gift" or "Thank you for your generosity."
3. Mention how the gift will be used. IF the gift is cash, you can say "Your gift will help me so much with tuition" or "It will be so useful when we begin remodeling the den." IF the gift is an item or product (even an ugly sweater!) mention that it will be so useful this winter, or it will look so nice on the mantel, or whatever. Put yourself in the shoes of the giver, and imagine how that person hopes you will put the item to use.
Beautiful Mary Cassat Lilacs Thank You Cards by greenbaby
Create a personalized notecard online at Zazzle
Browse other Mixed Media Cards
4. Be upbeat and appropriate. No mentioning that Uncle Joe got drunk again this Christmas or that Auntie Sue got busted. No matter how hard you have to think, try to think of something pleasant and newsy to say about the occasion for which the gift was proffered. "We missed you this Christmas, but it was a pleasant holiday anyhow" works fine. Or "I shared the chocolate with everyone at the party and it was a big hit!"
Vintage Chocolate Ad Greeting Cards by greenbaby
Design a note card On zazzle.com
View other Vintage Historical Cards
5. Close with another thank you. "Again, thank you for remembering me this holiday season" or "We both thank you again for the wonderful gift."
Thank You Notecards Watercolor Rose Pk of 10
6. A personal ending salutation. One of my friends always signs her cards "Warmly" and I love that. It's not phony "love ya" stuff, and it's not too formal. But if the recipient is a close relative, "Love" or "With Love" is appropriate.
Pk of 10 "Country Lane" Notecards
A final note: sending a sincere thank you card is the best way to make sure the recipient will remember you next birthday or Christmas, and send you another gift. AND the flip side -- if you DON'T send a thank you card, DON'T expect another gift from that person. They're that important.
Blank Thank You boxed notecards
So get yourself some pretty cards and maybe some matching postage, and start writing!
Teddybear Nurse Thank You by Spice
Design a picture note card With zazzle.com
Browse other Medical Emergency Cards
Winter Bells Wedding - Thank You by Spice
Design note cards With Zazzle.com
More Major Holidays Cards
Penguin Wedding - Thank You Card by Spice
Get greeting cards from www.Zazzle.com
View more Invitations Announcements Cards
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
We've been watching the Al Franken - Norm Coleman race in Minnesota with great interest, and not a little bit of amusement. Probably the most famous vote cast in that election is the person who cast a write in vote for "Lizard People". We predict that in the next few elections held anywhere in this country, Lizard People will get more than a few write in votes.
And yes, there are t-shirts and bumper stickers about Lizard People.
don't blame me, I voted for LIZARD PEOPLE by greenbaby
Design Custom T-Shirts At zazzle.com
More United States T-Shirts
I Voted for Lizard People Bumper Sticker
Don't Blame Me I Voted for Lizard People Light T-S
Saturday, December 13, 2008
From Hot Topic: This black T-shirt features the quote "your scent is like a drug to me" printed on the front in white. The Twilight logo appears on the back. 100% cotton. Wash cold. Dry low. Imported. $19.00
From Hot Topic: "Team Edward" on the front. The back says "What if I'm not the hero? What if I'm the bad guy?" with a film logo below. 100% cotton. Wash warm. Dry low. Imported.
Sizes run small! $22.00
From Hot Topic: This poster features an image of Edward and says "What if I'm not the hero? What if I'm the bad guy?" Film logo on the lower right. 24" x 36". Imported. $7.99
From Hot Topic: This Twilight saga collection includes all four full-color books in a themed box. Made in USA. $83.00
From Hot Topic: This lightweight fitted black hoodie features a white front screen of the Cullen crest. The Twilight logo appears on the bottom back in white. 100% cotton. Wash cold. Dry low. USA.
Sizes run small! $34.00
From Hot Topic: This black fitted tee features a front screen of Bella and Edward from the movie Twilight with a quote about the three things Bella is positive of when it comes to Edward. 100% pre-shrunk cotton. Wash cold. Dry low. Imported.
Sizes run small! $22.00
From Hot Topic: This black fitted tee features a white front screen of the Twilight logo and "the forbidden fruit tastes the sweetest" printed on the back. 100% pre-shrunk cotton. Wash cold. Dry low. Imported.
Sizes run small! $22.00
In Love with a Twilight vampire Sweatshirt (dark) $44.99
Twilight Quote My Brand of Heroine Women's Dark T- $27.99
Lion in Love with Lamb Twilight Hoodie (dark) $54.99
PEACE LOVE TWILIGHT Cap $21.99
Tangled FORKS Forest EDWARD Throw Pillow $19.99
This holiday season, I urge anyone reading this to please help in any way you can. Here is a list of organizations that are doing great work. You can help by donating cash, warm clothing, food, anything you can spare.
Goodwill accepts money, warm clothing, even vehicles.
The Salvation Army does amazing work all over the country. They will accept money, cars, household goods, and airline miles.
Feeding America accepts cash donations in any amount, and their website states that every dollar you donate to Feeding America helps provide 20 pounds of food and grocery products to men, women and children facing hunger in our country. That means you can donate as little as a dollar and still be helping.
Share Our Strength accepts cash donations, and states that a $35 contribution can feed a child three meals a day for more than a month.
There are hundreds of organizations out there that need your help NOW. Please give a little if you can. Thank you.