Wednesday, September 10, 2008

9-11 Remembered; September 11 T-shirts and Commemorative Things

There's an awful lot of September 11 paraphanalia that is nothing short of maudlin. Crassly commercial, inauthentic, cynically capitalistic. Then there's the conspiracy t-shirts, all proclaiming that 9-11 was an inside job, or the facts are being withheld. And the ones blaming the Democrats. And the ones blaming the Republicans. Get out your tinfoil hats! But seriously, I do think September 11 needs to be remembered every year, it was an event that changed everyone who saw it on TV, everyone in America, everyone in the world, really.

On 9/11 every year, I wear a simple American flag t-shirt. It's just my way of affirming my love of country. I've also found a few other 9/11 t-shirts that I think are tasteful ways of remembering that catastrophic event. I've waded thru the conspiracy t-shirts, the inside job t-shirts, the it-never-happened t-shirts, and all the other nutty ones, so you don't have to. Here, then, are a few good 9-11 t-shirts you can buy on the web. Click image to buy or learn more.










Twin Towers WTC Never Forget T-shirt

September 11 Patriot Day Shirt

American Flag

No comments: